Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy 30th!

Today is Kyle's 30th birthday! Unfortunately he will be boarding a plane in about 2 hrs to go to Phoenix for his annual sales meeting. I had so many ideas of how I wanted to celebrate his birthday, but that will have to wait until next weekend. I love to be kinda cheesy on birthdays and other holidays, so I got him a birthday balloon yesterday and left his present, card, and balloon out on the kitchen counter when I left for work this morning. My ultimate joy would be for him to tie the balloon to his wrist and walk around the airport with it, but I am fairly certain that won't be happening.

I have been house/dog sitting for Kyle since last weekend (and now through this weekend as well) when he went to Florida to see his family. His trip took a turn for the worse when he threw up in his dad's car on the way back from the airport. He continued to get worse, and by Sunday morning he was in the hospital. He had a bacterial infection in his colon, large intestine and stomach. He said it was the worst 3 days of his life, but after a round of IV antibiotics they let him go home. He was scheduled to fly out the next day and even though the doctor told him not to, he wanted to come home so badly and he didn't want to pay the $500 fare change. He has been improving every day but still isn't back his old self.

Last weekend while he was out of town, I went to A Taste of Tulsa with some friends. The event benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters and one of Kyle's best friends is on the board there so she was involved in the event. It was held at the Tulsa Convention Center and was a beautiful evening. Tons of local restaurants in Tulsa had appetizers, main courses, and desserts and you just grabbed a plate and took whatever you want. It was black tie optional which was fine with me since I will use any excuse to wear fake eyelashes and big earrings.

I was very pleased with my hair that night


I made a low-carb pizza last Sunday and planned on eating for lunch this week. I tend to make something on Sunday and then eat it every.single.day of the week for lunch. Boring but it saves me money and time. I wasn't that pleased with the result, but I don't hate it enough to throw it out.

Crust:

8 oz. package of cream cheese
2 eggs

Beat together and season with garlic powder and pepper. Spray a 9x13 with Pam, bake at 350 for 17 minutes or until the edges are brown.

Let cool for 10 minutes and then top with whatever pizza sauce and toppings you prefer. Bake another 10 min at 400.

The crust is just kind of "spongy". It was worth a shot to try, I suppose. Next time I will maybe just use a whole wheat pizza crust and eat smaller portions so I don't carb myself out.

A little gem I found this week is My Fridge Food and you check the ingredients you have, and it pulls recipes you can make.

Friday night, my dad and brother are taking the two older girls to a Father-Daughter dance. How precious is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment