Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken

I might start referring to my crockpot as my crackpot seeing as how I am obsessed with it since I made this delicious chicken.

I recently became friends with buffalo sauce. I was always a little scared of it because it seemed...messy. And I never eat wings, and wings and buffalo sauce are like peas and carrots. But now that I have had it, I love it. And I want it in mass quantities.

So if you like buffalo sauce and chicken and crockpots, please keep reading.


I used:

3 large raw chicken breasts
1/2 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup yellow mustard

Put all that into the crackpot and cook on high for 5 hours. About 30 minutes before go-time, shred chicken, stir around and add more buffalo sauce if you are feeling...saucy!

Honestly, I think what made me the most happy was how easily the chicken shredded. It was like magic.

I ate this open faced on a whole wheat bun that I broiled first to make a different version of ranch bread. I topped it with some dill pickles and a slice of American cheese. And more buffalo sauce.

Original recipe found here

And just for smiles, here are my little gals skiing in Keystone this past weekend!

The text with this pic said: "Allison is a bit tired."

With their momma in front of the snow fort

2 comments:

  1. Buffalo chicken dip: shredded chicken 2 breasts,(or cheat & use 2 cans of shredded chicken, by the tuna in the grocery) 1/4 sirachha hot sauce and 1 pckg of cream cheese....top with blue cheese & bake until it melts....super yummy & easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I have been hooked on that too! But I haven't used sriracha...I might need to try that!

      Delete