Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back in the Swing of Things





I finally feel like I can get back into my normal schedule starting today! After almost 2 weeks of feeling off, I went to the gym last night and made my weekly lunch dish while watching the Thunder and all feels right in the world. This past Friday, my brother and dad took Lauren and Allison to a Father-Daughter dance at Remington Park in OKC. The girls got all dressed up, hair done by mom and nails painted and were ready to hit the town and cut a rug on the dance floor. 
Pappy and Allison at the start of the night

Pappy and Allison at the end of the night
I drove up to Edmond the next day to watch the girls play basketball. From what I have seen so far, they are the best team and actually know they need to dribble the ball! Their good friend Derek came to watch them, and brought a sign. Could be the cutest thing I have seen in a long time.


On Sundays, I usually pull up my Pinterest board and see what recipe looks good, and what I think I can stand to eat Mon-Fri for lunch. This week it was a beefy cheesy enchilada stack. I used low carb tortillas and only used a portion of the refried beans that it called for. I baked this puppy last night and cannot wait for 12:30 so I can go eat it. You can find the original recipe here.

1/2 lb ground beef- seasoned with taco seasoning
can of refried beans- I used about 1/2 cup
1 small can green chilis
5-6 flour tortillas- or corn or low carb..whatever floats your boat
1 can enchilada sauce
8 oz bag of Mexican cheese- I like the kind with Philadelphia cream cheese added

Brown the meat, and then start stacking. The amount of toppings will depend on how many tortillas you use.
The best part about this recipe is that there is no wrong way to do it. Bake at 400 for 40 min.
Before the baking

Look at all those layers

Cheese and enchilada sauce make me happy



No comments:

Post a Comment