Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wedding Invitation Mini Freakout

Yesterday, I came to the realization that I am mailing wedding invitations this weekend. That isn't what freaked me out. What freaked me out is that I have done zilch to prepare for this. Stamps? I guess I just assumed they would magically appear on the invitations and reply card envelopes. What size stamp? Oh crap, I have to figure that out, too. Oh and I have to write on each reply card how many guests are invited in your party. Ever heard of hand canceling invitations? I hadn't either until I started reading Weddingbee and all of these really over-achieving brides know everything there is to know about weddings. And they blog every step of the way. I often feel the most anxious when I am sitting at work and I am thinking of the stuff I need to do and I can't do a thing about it. I work 8-5 and usually hit the gym after work. Which basically wipes out my whole day. I clearly can skip the gym but have you ever been to the post office after 5? Mad house.
So I got home last night and Kyle could tell I was freaking out a little at the task of getting these invitations out (because I was oddly dancing around the house and singing weird songs to try to mask my emotions) and he simply said "I will take an invitation to the post office tomorrow and see what postage we need". He's really great sometimes. I mean, most of the time he is great but times like this I appreciate his help even more. He also has driven out to Paper Girl in Bixby (seriously, Paper Girl, move closer to Tulsa) and picked up things for me. He will be going there again today.

Have I mentioned before that I am as far from a DIYer as you can get? I have said so many times during this process that I would rather pay someone to do something than take the task of doing it myself. I have no interest in DIY. At all. But last night I did my first somewhat DIY project: I bought frames at Hobby Lobby and cut out the "signs" I made on the computer and put them in the frame. Essentially like framing a picture but I did have to cut the piece of paper to fit the 5x7 frame. DIY ladies are rolling their eyes at my lameness right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment