Thursday, August 30, 2012

Heading to the 'Burgh

Tomorrow Kyle and I fly to Pittsburgh. His mom's friends were kind enough to throw me a shower and while Labor Day may not have worked for everyone else, it was best for me because I can get an extra day there without having to take any time off from work. Bonus: Stacy and Henry and his Aunt Donna will all be there! Justin surprised Stacy with a plane ticket so she can come celebrate with us and Henry is just icing on the cake! They are already there and Kyle's dad was sending us pics last night of the wild man riding Kyle's old horsey. We fly in late Friday night and will jam pack tons of fun into Sat, Sun and Monday before we leave at 1. One of the most exciting parts of the trip for me is picking out our wedding bands!! I can't wait to see my ring with an additional band.

Kyle and his best man are going to pick out Kyle's suit for the wedding at Nordstrom. He won't tell me at all what he is wearing, he said if I get to keep my dress secret, he gets to keep his wedding day attire secret too.

As of today, we have 100 "yes" RSVPs for the wedding. I am still waiting on 59 more people (some are couples/families) to respond. Our final count could surpass the 150 I planned for/expected. But you know what, we want everyone there that can be there. We invited them for a reason.

I have a pretty long to do list going right now but I am marking things off every day. Probably my #1 frustration at this moment is not being able to get a hold of our DJ company. It took my 2 emails & 1 phone call to even schedule a meeting with them. After the meeting was over I realized I forgot to talk about something so I emailed and asked if I needed to come back in. They said they could just do it over email and would send me a couple of images to choose from and that was 2 weeks ago. And I have already followed up once. I am telling myself that they are also in the heart of wedding season and that since my wedding is 5 weeks out, I am just not in the #1 spot right now.

Highlight of today: eating Jason's Deli salad bar with my mom at noon. It's the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment