Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bridal Shower

This past Saturday, Sammi and Elaina hosted my first bridal shower. It was Parisian themed (they know me so well!) and perfectly put together. Sammi and Clark just moved into their beautiful new home and the shower was the first event at the new house! There are still some things to be completed at the house, but even in the unfinished state it is in, the house still rocks my socks off. They have a neon yellow barn door as their bathroom door, need I say more? I wish I was that creative.

So first, let me thank Sammi (and Clark) for agreeing to host the shower at the house. I know you two have worked so hard over the past year to get the house ready and it makes me feel really special to be the guest of honor at the first ever shower held at your new home. I know there will be many more things to come in that house, but we will always remember that.

Second, a huge thank you to Sammi and Elaina for hosting. As the song says "that's what friends are for." They planned it exactly how I would want it: elegant, relaxed, inviting, pretty. It was just so pretty. The colors, and the food, and the fresh flowers. They worked hard on the details, and it showed. I didn't know what they were planning, and when I walked in and saw it I knew they planned it just for me.

The food was perfect. The kitchen/dining area is such a nice open space! The make your own mimosa bar was my favorite! That and the cranberry cinnamon goat cheese. But I think my most favorite touch were the dishes. Elaina brought her grandmother's pink china to use. It added so much character to the shower.

Everyone mingled and I felt like my head was spinning. But in a good way. Each time the door opened, someone that I wanted to see walked in. Have you ever been to a party where that happened? I haven't. Each person there was invited because I wanted them to be there. And I felt such gratitude that each person was there.

I ate a couple of bites of food and drank a small mimosa and then Elaina told me to sit and we were going to start the present opening and games. I have never really been a fan of games at showers but the ones planned were perfect. Each person got an index card and wrote their favorite memory of me or something that reminded them of me. Without writing their name on it, of course. They were handed to me and then I was to read them and decide who wrote it. I think I got most of them right! Then Katie said that she had called Kyle and asked him a few questions and I was to answer them and we would see how many I got correct. I honestly thought I would get all of them correct but I only got 6! WtheTF (as Mary Lou would say).

Then it was time for presents. Oh, so many presents. Jordyn said that was her favorite part. The house was kind of hot despite Sammi's attempts to turn the air down. There were just so many ladies and I think the oven had heated up the house. I started to sweat (my life story) and they brought out a tower fan and it saved my life. I opened all my presents and then people started leaving. I wasn't ready for that! I felt like it had just begun. I had never been the bride at a shower and I wanted it to last longer. Although I am sure Sammi and Elaina were ready to sit down and relax. My wonderful sister-in-law Erin started loading my presents in the rain, and I lingered. I wasn't ready to leave. When I wasn't paying attention, my whole family went to the car, so now I had to leave. I gave hugs and said thank you and then awkwardly left. I wanted to stay and chat some more. It was just such a wonderful time that I didn't want to end. Read Elaina's blog about the shower.

I took my crew (Mom, Sheri, Katie, Kristin, Judy, Erin and the girls) to TCC to show them around. I think they were thoroughly impressed with the location! In just 6 weeks (from Saturday), I will marry Kyle. Better get your party panties on, we're in for a wild ride :)

Mimosa bar

Paris
Flower girls






Reading all the sweet words people had written


Starting to fan myself

Getting some tower fan on my face



With my mom and Lauren

My ORU girls

Some of my favorite ladies


My matron of honor

My friend Emily for 22 years!

I love my mom. Doesn't she look cute in her Pretty Woman dress?!

Best auntie

My grandma Judy came all the way from Florida


Family. Love.

3 comments:

  1. Your shower looks like such a blast: and I love your dress! :D And the mimosa bar looks delicious!

    (P.S. I discovered your blog on Weddingbee's August share your blogs post :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies! Thanks for the sweet comments! Glad you are new followers :)

    ReplyDelete