Monday, July 30, 2012

Being a Grown Up

While the title of that post may seem as though I have something deep to write about, I don't. I am going to write about a new bra and about my friend turning 30. And about my new swimsuit.

First things first, I no longer have my wedding dress is in my possession. Tear. I took it in on Saturday for my first fitting. Good news is that they don't think they will have to hem it. Bad news, they kept it. And they are going to take the top in a bit, which is beaded so who knows how much that will cost me.

After the dress fitting, Mom and I went to the mall to look for some more dresses at Dillard's and Macy's for her. I keep telling her that she needs cute dresses for things and she never listens, so I just force her to buy them. She will thank me later. Plus, she has lost over 20 lbs so she deserves some cute new stuff!

I had a coupon for $10 off a bra at Victoria's Secret and for the first time in my life, I planned on buying an expensive, good quality bra (I was going to become a grown woman!). I usually buy my bras from Target. They are cheap and don't fit great and I wear the crap out of them. I really didn't want to spend $55 dollars on a bra, but I was ready to have a bra that actually fit. I got sized and determined that I have been wearing the wrong bra size. So now, I am a grown up and I wear a nice bra in the correct size.
I also took the plunge and bought a VS swimsuit on clearance. I wore it yesterday and got so many compliments at the pool. Probably because I look just like the model wearing it. But minus the belly necklace. Those are weird.


Kyle and I also had our tasting at Tulsa Country Club on Saturday. I am glad we went because we decided we didn't like 2 of the 3 apps we picked out. We picked a few new ones and now our wedding menu is set!

Then we got ready for Billy's 30th birthday party. He rented a party bus and we had about 20 people on it. We had a grand ole time. It was nice to get that group of friends together again.

I was the tallest until Harlan arrived

Showing Billy some birthday love


Kyle and his fellow red heads. He's trying to be taller than Harlan
I got one picture of me and Kyle but the flash made it look way too bright and I can't get it to rotate. So use your imagination on how cute we look. 

Baked zucchini fries are new love. Here is a great recipe. I plan to make this meatloaf tonight. I have never made meatloaf..I really hope it turns out good. I hate wasting my time on a bad recipe! 


1 comment:

  1. I love VS! I have been wearing their bras for a while and have loved them but I just got a couple bras the other day, they are the Body by Victoria push up bras, and omg, they are amazing! My other bras from there feel good but this one feels amazing on. I definitely will be getting more of this kind in the future.

    ReplyDelete