Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Few Things on My Mind

It seems as though summer is already in full swing, thanks to the sweltering heat and the calendar days just flipping on by. Weddings, trips, packing, and all sorts of other things are running through my head and some are completely unrelated to summer and/or trips.

1. Carry on luggage:
I put this one first because it is currently consuming my brain. Kyle travels a lot, and he rarely checks a bag. Kyle is also a guy that isn't worried too much about what he wears, and puts no product in his hair, and doesn't use a device to dry, straighten or curl his hair. You get my point?
We leave for Pittsburgh Friday and last night he said in passing "we aren't checking any bags, so we don't need to be at the airport too early." I was silent, and didn't make eye contact. He repeated "we AREN'T checking any bags, right Heather?" Ugh. I get it. Fees, waiting to check it and then retrieve it at baggage. I agreed to try to pack in 2 carry ons, and see how it went. I hit up the Walmart travel section today for plenty of 3 oz bottles. Let's see how many I can cram into a quart sized bag.

2. Franklin and Bash:
This new series on TNT stars Brecklin Meyer and Mark Paul Gosselar as two attorneys. They still play like boys, and use interesting tactics in the court room to win cases. All I know is they showed Mark Paul's booty come out of a hot tub the first episode and that was all I needed to get hooked.
3. Dresses:

I am (as always in the summer) obsessed with summer dresses. I can't get enough. My wallet doesn't feel the same way so I have to limit myself. Here is a green one I am keeping my eye on for now.

4. Wedges:

I love wedges. They are so summery, and so comfy. I have a great black pair that isn't too tall. I have been looking for a nude pair that wasn't too tall or too expensive. Thanks to Elaina purchasing a cute pair of shoes on Piperlime, I looked there and hit the jackpot. Free shipping and $29.99!
5. Cranberry Oatmeal cookies by Otis Spunkmeyer:
It could be the best cookie I have ever eaten 

1 comment:

  1. The whole deal with airports and checked baggage fees is very lame. I only check it anymore when I travel for work (and don't have to pay the fees myself). I prefer to fly on carriers that don't charge baggage fees whenever possible.

    Love that green dress!

    ReplyDelete