Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Van Central Station

Last night, I headed out to Bixby to visit a good ole' friend Becca. Let me tell you about Becca:
  • I have known Becca since I was about 7. That is 20 years, people. 
  • Becca went to prom with my brother when she was a freshman and she wore a shiny, turquoise dress. I wanted to be her.
  • Becca played basketball and was a defensive player that you did not want to face. I took notes watching one of her games and tried to be like her on the court. Her knees were always torn up at church on Sundays from diving for balls. 
  • I had a crush on her now hubby Jason when she first brought him to church. Good snag, Becca.
  • She is gorgeous, funny, and genuine. And many more things...
Becca is now the mommy to 2 cute munchkins and I had never been out to see them. Why would I do that to myself? 
Emerson is a riot. She is hilarious and I could have sat there for hours watching and listening to her. Jax will melt you heart faster than a Snickers in August. He turned on the charm the minute I walked in the door. Emerson, while obviously a busy body, took a few moments in the evening to touch my hair...softly. And as I was leaving (it was bed time and I knew it would be easier for her to go to bed if I wasn't there), she touched my hair and said, "Miss Heather, you are so beautiful." That's it, kid. Get in the car (I am always prepared with a spare car seat) and go home with me. Jax on the other hand was a little less subtle. He pulled my hair and yelled loudly for attention. It worked, you adorable little linebacker.
Anyway, Becca and Jason are the jam. That means really cool, y'all.
The food was delish and the company was better. Read her blog here and look how cute her kids are and how funny she is. And check it out often and you might get a treat when her hubby guest blogs for her.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, the shiny turquoise dress... it was home-made and the hem was about 2 inches too short... memories!!

    Please come over again soon! This morning Emerson looked toward the front door and said, 'Did she go home?'

    ReplyDelete