Monday, June 21, 2010

Salmonella or Sam and Ella?

This weekend after a long day in the pool, we decided to load up the Griswald's and head to Sam and Ella's in Tahlequah for some of the best pizza you have ever had. Actually, it is hands down my most favorite pizza ever. The big sloppy pie is loaded with black olives and pepperoni. I'm salivating.
Now, I love Sam and Ella's but after a long, hot day outside, I would like to enjoy my dining experience. Well don't go to Sam and Ella's if you want that. The place is little, the staff is hurried, the air conditioner can't compete with the pizza ovens & there are tons of tan/burned, drunk/hungover, tired/pissy people from floating the river.
But seriously, if you ever have the chance to eat there, do it. And just look past the negatives and stuff your face with delicious pizza.
Today is the first day of summer. I am sunburned and tired and I want a sno cone. Unfortunately, there seem to be no sno cone places in midtown Tulsa. Josh's famous sno cone shack is all the way at 71st and Garnett. Please people, if I wanted to drive that far for a shaved ice I would just go to that delicious sno cone place in Curt's Mall in Muskogee.
So if you are a reader in the midtown Tulsa area and you know of a good sno cone place in midtown, hit me with some knowledge.
Also, we had a bbq at my parents house on Sunday for Father's Day and I made a corn-avocado dip from Pioneer Woman and chicken salad that my cousin Kristin shared with me. They were the bomb and I got so many props for my dishes. Just call me Susie Homemaker!
Click here  to get the Pioneer Woman recipe. And yes, you can substitute with canned corn like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment