Friday, June 18, 2010

Someone calm the psycho

As most of you readers know, I love to play sports, watch sports, drink at sporting events, etc. I played basketball in middle school and high school. Softball since I was 7 and dabbled in soccer til I got bored. I was also on the swim team (still have my bathing suit from that) and played numerous intramurals in college. My favorite being co-ed football.
Recently, I have played co-ed softball for a team that rivals the Bad News Bears and I play kickball.
Kickball is supposed to be a relaxed, fun sporting event where you meet new people and hang out with your friends. And I do that. But I also come to play. Which several people on my team do not understand. They are there for pure fun. Which I do not understand. I am not sure who is at fault here. Two people on my team are as competitive as me, Ozzie and Elaina. The rest make me look like a psycho when I argue about the rules and other things.
For instance, last night we were playing a team that causes arguments every time we play them. They started a huge argument about one of our players not being registered. But he was, and thank goodness for the iPhone. I pulled up the register and proved it. Bomb diffused. Until the first baseman got in my face and got me riled up. Now granted, I know I was being a little mouthy but still he pushed me over the edge. And no one but my roomie Elaina came to my defense.
Now, we are in the last inning and the opposing team said we had 3 outs. Umm, no we don't. There are 2 outs. And we keep a score book for these particular times. But because we were winning 16-2, my teammates thought it was ok to let them be wrong and end the inning early. Well, guys I know you wouldn't have done that if the score was tied or say, 5-4. That drives me nuts. Play by the same rules, every game, no matter the score.
Ok, I am done ranting. We won both games & are headed to the semifinals next week. I am going to try and keep my cool but I can't promise anything.

Saturday I am headed to my parents house for Father's Day. Bryan and Erin and the muchkins are coming in so the weekend will sure to be entertaining. I know this weekend is especially hard for my sister in law Erin and her sister Monica.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment