Sunday, October 27, 2013

NYC: Day 3

Ok, I am officially exhausted. NYC can really take it out of you, but we have to keep going. We did not go for a run this morning! We headed down to Ground Zero and made a stop into St. Paul's Cathedral. It is right across the street and only a tree suffered damage. It is a very small church and it served as a staging ground for the first responders. Here is the story of the church. The pews were all scratched up from the firefighters that would sleep on the benches and their tools would scratch the pews. They had a banner hanging up that came from Oklahoma!




After Ground Zero, we took the long to the Brooklyn Bridge. I thought Kyle was going to kill me for making him do all this walking but he sucked it up and followed me. Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge is something we always see in movies, so of course we should do it. The bridge is a little over a mile long. Kyle did a little heel kick as we reached the other side.






Our feet were screaming at this point so we stopped at this cute little bar and got a cocktail before we took the subway to Soho. In Soho, we hit up the H&M. I have never been shopping at H&M so I was thrilled. I found out that there was a Piperlime store in Soho that I missed. I guess I will have to go back.

That night we sat around in another sports bar and once again watched the Cardinals beat the Pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment