Sunday, October 27, 2013

Baltimore

Kyle and I recently took a trip to Baltimore to see his good friend "Fleck" get married. The day after their wedding was our 1 year anniversary. We left Tulsa on Friday, Oct 4th and arrived in Baltimore late that night. We stayed in the Inner Harbor, which has a beautiful view. I finally got the meet the groomsman, Jake, that was hospitalized during our wedding and unable to come to Tulsa. Saturday morning, we took a stroll around the Inner Harbor while we waited on Dante and Erin to arrive from Pittsburgh.

Also, let me mention that it was 92 in Baltimore that day. Everyone kept saying how unusually hot it was. Meanwhile, in Tulsa, it was a cold 40-something degrees. Exactly the weather that greeted us 1 year prior.

After a leisurely and not very tasty lunch and Phillips, we freshened up at the hotel and left for the wedding. 4pm full Catholic mass, this was a first for me. The church was beautiful! We headed back to the hotel for cocktail hour followed by a beautiful reception in a ballroom. The invitation said black tie optional, and since I don't own any long dresses, I decided to purchase one for this occasion. I found this beautiful emerald green dress on sale at Dillard's and I am in love. I want to wear it everyday.




The morning after, we grabbed brunch at Miss Shirley's where I ate delicious chicken and waffles with the best jalapeno butter. We returned to the hotel, packed our bags and headed out for our anniversary trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment