Sunday, October 27, 2013

NYC: Day 2

We woke up Tuesday morning exhausted but I had plans to exercise. I have always wanted to run in Central Park and I was going to do just that. Kyle NEVER runs with me but he wanted to do this with me for 2 reasons: 1) we were on our anniversary trip and 2) he didn't want me to get mugged. Kyle had been smart in telling me to pack my running clothes since I never run on vacation. We had such a great time running through Central Park, I will never forget that wonderful memory.

After we showered, we headed out for a full day. We took the subway to Times Square. And the crowds of people are exactly what you would expect.



Then we went to the Empire State Building. Of course, we picked the day that was "unusually busy". It was so crowded that I could barely get the edge to take pictures. Luckily I am not afraid to push my way into a small spot the minute that someone walks away. 







We grabbed a late lunch at Gramercy Tavern after the Empire State Building. I ordered some type of tasty pasta and Kyle had their special, a burger. He said it was delicious, but it was not as good as the burger at The Tavern in Tulsa. So go eat there if you haven't. 





That evening, we went to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theater. It opened there in 1988, and is the longest running show in Broadway show in history. I loved that we walked through Times Square in our fancy theater clothes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment