Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Movin and Shakin

Things are really moving quickly! We have been engaged 18 days and I have ordered my wedding dress, picked a date and booked a venue. I have read plenty of times to not start planning right away and to just enjoy being engaged. I am enjoying being engaged...by planning right away. We are having a short engagement so I really needed to start planning. Several places in Tulsa were already booked and it can take up to 4 months for a wedding dress to come in, and then you have to plan time for alterations.

Here are the details I will share:

When: 10/6/2012
Where: Tulsa Country Club
Who: Heather Heathcock and Kyle Gatewood (in case you didn't already know our names)

I would link a picture of my dress but that would take all the fun out of presenting myself at the wedding.

Next up, picking out bridesmaid dresses for my ladies. Kyle's parents, Carl and Mary Lou, are coming into town for Easter so we will have plenty of wedding talk time while they are here. Now we can take them to the venue and start planning our food.

Besides ordering my dress and deciding on what venue I wanted, (Kyle hasn't seen it but gave me the go ahead if I was 100% sure I wanted it) I had a very busy weekend.

Friday night I went to Tulsa Country Club and visited with Jerry, the events coordinator. I loved it, the floor plan was open, they had a rain backup plan and it was way cheaper than the Oaks. I was sold.
I went to Old Navy and bought myself some stuff and Lauren some birthday presents. When I got home, I realized I really like striped shirts.
 Saturday, we hit the road early for a trip to Moliere Bridal in OKC before soccer games. Laina came to help out and thankfully she and my mom were able to help me pull the trigger when it came time to make a decision on a dress. And I am so glad I did it. I have looked at the online picture of it about 50 times since I ordered it.

Then we went to soccer, Lauren's tennis match, Easter egg hunt, followed by dinner at Shiki for Lauren's birthday. She will be 8 tomorrow. Sniff.

Sunday I cleaned the house, went to the gym, and picked Sammi up and we went to the Golf Club of Oklahoma. Gorgeous place, way out of my price range.
Sunday night I made my lunch for the week. These chicken croquettes are my new favorite thing. Have I posted about them before? I can't remember. Here is the recipe

Future tennis star

Watching Lauren play tennis

Cheese

Easter Egg Hunt

Piggy tails


I can't believe she let the bunny wrap his arm around her

Birthday dinner



Birthday girl hat
 This last pic is one of Kyle that his mom sent home for the slideshow we will play at the rehearsal dinner or wedding. How cute is this?!
Ceremony site

3 comments:

  1. They were so great! And I liked the feel of the small bridal shop instead of a prom/bridal shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulsa CC will be gorgeous! Glad you decided - one more thing off the never-ending list. And that picture of Kyle? So darn cute! And I also have a striped shirt obsession. Always have, always will.

    ReplyDelete