Monday, April 9, 2012

To Do's

I never said this wouldn't turn into a wedding blog! Just stick it out until October and then it should go back to normal old recipes, pics, and random postings of drugstore beauty products.

As mentioned in my last post, we booked our venue and I ordered my dress. Two big things crossed off the list. But that list doesn't stop there and it has no mercy for a wedding planned in 7 months. We can easily get this wedding planned, but there isn't really a whole lot of time for daydreaming on my end.

Here are some of the major things I need to get completed:

Flowers
Registry
Bridesmaid dresses
Save the Dates
Invitations
Photographer
DJ
Rehearsal dinner location
Hotel 
Cake

Also, on my list is choosing a menu at our venue. But I think I need to complete 2 or 3 of the things above before I tackle that.

I at least have an idea of where we want to price flowers (Sam's), we are b-maid shopping this weekend, my aunt has a great DJ in the Dallas area that is willing to drive up for my wedding, and there is a hotel close to the venue.
The soon to be in-laws are in town this weekend and I am taking them to dinner at one of the places I have in mind for the rehearsal dinner. I have about 4 photographers that I am trying to decide between. And I am going to a wedding show in 2 weeks and I can look into paper products (save the dates, invitations, etc) there. We can also taste some cake at the wedding show. I have a pretty good idea of what I want, and Kyle doesn't want a typical groom's cake and we know what we have in mind for that.

I can't shake the feeling that I have to get everything completed immediately. Oh and let's not forget that I have to move. I need to be out of my house by April 30th. That is 21 days from now. Yikes.

We got both of our parents together this weekend to look at the venue and eat dinner. Here is my dad and Kyle's mom trimming the giant piece of meat to cut into filets. My dad is using his pocket knife...just as a real hunter would do.

 Also, be sure to check out our wedding website. I have always loved these and was so excited to start one of our own! I will make sure to update all information as we continue to move forward in the wedding planning!

Heathcock/Gatewood wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment