Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Vendors

Did you know when you create a page on The Knot, it gives you this handy checklist with items that need to be completed by a certain date? That checklist can be very handy, or it can drive you insane. I kept looking at a few items on the list knowing that I (we) needed to complete them. Here is the progress I have made since my last post:

1. I ordered the Save the Dates (weddingpaperdivas.com)
2. Booked a photographer (emailed him this morning)
3. Signed my contract with a DJ
4. Kyle has made great progress on picking a rehearsal dinner spot
5. We are looking into a few hotels that we like in downtown and one very close to the venue
6. I picked a bridesmaid dress. 2 are ordered, 2 more will be ordered next Sunday after the bridal show, and my Dallas girls will order theirs in Dallas


Cake testing will be done at the bridal show, along with looking at invitations. Kyle and I need to register and look into flowers. I would say that being engaged for one month this past Monday, we are doing pretty well on planning and completing!

Kyle's parents were in town this past week and did so much around the house. The upstairs bathroom was the main project. It went from espresso brown cabinets and bright red walls, to white cabinets and light green walls. It is beautiful! I will take pics once I have finished decorating it.

This week has been jam-packed with stuff to do and I think Sunday will be my only day without a scheduled activity, which means I will have to spend most of my day at my house packing boxes and getting ready to move. Forgive me if I take a few days in May and check out of life. I feel like I really need some down time in the near future. But with all that said, I would not change one second of my hectic life right now.

To end, Kyle's very close childhood friend Lance Snyder passed away Friday, April 13th. Lance was diagnosed with brain cancer in October 2010. You can read more about Lance and his battle with cancer here

No comments:

Post a Comment