Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Camp Out

I haven't been camping in years. I think the last time I was about 17 or so. And I think it was hot outside. I can't really remember. But this time was different. It wasn't hot. Here is how the day went....

We will start with Friday night. I rushed home from work and picked Kyle up to go meet with a wedding planner lady at the Oaks. We had dinner out there after and I sat at the table with my iPhone calculator and papers scattered everywhere. I ordered a glass of wine because it was needed. I am not a numbers lady, but I can certainly tell when they are adding up. Headed to FTG that night to sleep and girl talk since Katie, Kristin and Sheri drove in from Dallas to help me look for a wedding dress.

Sat morn we were up early, all getting ready at my parent's house. Katie and I took cold showers. McDonald's drive-thru (Kristin says they have the best fountain Diet Coke) and off to Tulsa. Stop to buy a strapless bra that I didn't even need and ended up returning. Sorry for all the bare boob action, Katie. But that is why you are matron of honor, my love.

I had 2 bridal appts. The first one was very successful. I narrowed it down to what style I liked. I said I didn't want strapless but I think I can't avoid it. The style I like looks best strapless. I like simple, elegant dresses. Nothing on the skirt. I tried on some and I didn't even come out of the dressing room. I found one I loved. But I am not gonna show you. Because I love it and I want to keep it secret in case I purchase it. I have already sent a pic of it to my bridesmaids. The second appt was not so great. The girl wouldn't let Katie in the dressing room with me. She had to be in there. She did give me a strapless bra attached to what I can only describe as a torture device for my mid-section. She put me in a huge ballgown from their Disney Fairytale line. Sparkles and all. I will say it was very princess-like but the dress was not for me. They had one dress that was in 2nd place, but it was too heavy. It was like I had midgets attached to my body and I had to carry them around. And the fabric was just matte cotton-like. Saturday afternoon dresses are cotton, not wedding dresses. But if you bought a dress that day, you got a signed sketch by one of their designers! I'll pass.

Back to FTG for a cookout/camp out. Kyle joined us around 6 and I immediately lost my lap buddy Allison to him. We were really roughing it. Cooking over a fire, lanterns hanging in trees, and I had to walk all the way back to the house to refill my Skinnygirl. Then we (pappy, bryan, erin, jordyn, lauren, allison, kyle, heather) all slept outside in the tent. And I have never been so cold in my life. Blow up mattresses get really cold and when they are outside in the 49 degree temp, they just get colder. Luckily I had my dad's camo pants to wear.

Pappy cooked us all breakfast outside again. This man really knows what he is doing. I feel like he should teach a class or something.

This blog turned out to be much longer than I expected so here is the good stuff:

From last week's St. Patty's Day Party
Artsy shot by Kristin
Mom forgot to use the flash. Camp fire group

Morning after sleeping in the frozen tundra

She wears leopard, I wear camo

She has decided to let Kyle hold her now

City boy shooting the bow

This is me saying it hurt my arm when I shot the bow and the string popped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment