Friday, March 23, 2012

Random Thoughts of Upcoming Married Life

The past week has been one of the most exciting weeks of my life. Tonight around 9:30, I will have been engaged for a full week. And I have been quite the busy bee. Already looking at a venue tonight, wedding dress shopping tomorrow. Ring goes back to Pittsburgh next weekend to be sized. I'll miss that thing, but at least it is traveling with Kyle. Along with the million wedding ideas floating in my head, there are also tons of things that hit me about what will change once I am a married woman. Here are some of those gems:

1. I will likely never have to mow a yard again.
2. I will no longer be responsible for checking my tire pressure or maintenance on my car. I guess I can still get my oil changed.
3. My last name will be Gatewood and I will officially live with a boy.
4. I hope he grows to like the smell of my nightly eye cream with coffee in it. It's greasy but I love it and I slather it on before bed.
5. How will I poop without Kyle knowing? (this one is your favorite, right?)
6. I have to move. Again.
7. Sophie will no longer have to spend her days alone!
8. How soon can I convince him that we need a dog door?
9. I will be an Auntie to a new little guy, Henry. And Kyle gets to claim my three ladies! (They are so excited!)
10. I will be saving so much money on rent. Just think of all the clothes I can buy!

Self-portrait with the ring

4 comments:

  1. You must share about your eye cream! And congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it is the best eye cream ever. I got it in Pittsburgh at this spa and it is supposed to decrease the appearance of dark circles. If you ever find some in a store, buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!
    That's great that you've already started the planning. I've been engaged for almost a month now and haven't even set the finalized date!

    Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete