Friday, March 16, 2012

Party Planning

I mentioned in my last post that Kyle and I are throwing a St. Patrick's Day party tomorrow. I love planning fun events and I have made an handy to-do list with all the items I need to buy, what I plan on making, and when I need to make it. Orginally, I planned on doing only green(ish) foods, and then I realized I needed much more time on my hands to plan that so I just will put a green spin here and there. But I do plan on painting my nails green, which my mom will love (not).

Here is what is on the menu:

Chuy's Jalapeno Dip

Spinach Dip

Stuffed mushrooms

Garlic Chicken Puffs

Funfetti cookies with icing and green sparkles

Lime bars- just substituting lemon for lime

I also wanted to make some fun, signature cocktail but I am not sure I want to commit to it. So I will most likely be making an easy Shandy recipe: light beer mixed with lemonade.

My usual go to drink is Skinnygirl Margarita.

I didn't like it at first, but the taste grew on me. I mostly like it because it is low calorie and pre-made.

Last weekend I added some raspberry Crystal Light powder to it, and it rocked my socks off. It was one of the most delicious concoctions ever.

The Skinnygirl line has come out with several new cocktails that I can't wait to try:


I am not so much a fun of the sangria, it is way too sweet but I do like the Cosmo drink. I can't wait to get my hands on the others.

My allergies are really buggin' this week. I heard on the news this morning that allergies are at their worst right now since we didn't really have a cold winter.

Tonight is dinner at Charleston's, come to me Peach Bellini!

1 comment: