Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Plenty of Cocktail to Go Around

Since the day Kyle told me we were going to a fancy wedding in Pittsburgh on NYE, I have been thinking about what I would wear. I started looking at dresses hoping to find something sassy and on sale. I know there will be more options the closer it gets to the wedding, especially since it is NYE, but I just couldn't pass up these deals from Dillard's. Here are the 3 dresses I picked out:


Strapless Animal Print



 Original Price: $138
Sale Price: $49.68
Strapless Taffeta 
 Original Price: $80
Sale Price: $35.99
Special note: This bad boy has pockets!
Belted Lace Dress

Original Price: $148
Sale Price: $53.28

So you can see by the sale prices, that I could hardly turn down such a deal! I got all 3 for the price I would have paid for the first or third alone. Ordering online can be tricky. I go between a small and a medium or a 4 and a 6. I gambled on a small for the middle one, and 4's for the others and hit the jackpot! 
Side note: How do ladies living alone zip up their dresses?! I had to take all 3 of these to Kyle's last night and have him help me with the zippers. I can get them about 3/4 of the way up and then only God knows if it will go the rest of the way!

The only thing I may alter is the animal print one. The skirt is fitted, like Kim Kardashian style, and I was going to take it to my tailor and see if she could put a slit in the back for some extra room. 

Next weekend we have a rehearsal dinner and wedding in Vail, and I think I will wear the charcoal one to the wedding, and I am not sure what to the rehearsal dinner yet. I am pretty sure I am saving the black lace one for the NYE wedding, because it is gorgeous on. I love it. And I have my eye on these bomb earrings from Rent the Runway to pair with it: 

Emerald Drop Earrings
You can rent these $150 earrings for $25. Might seem kinda silly to rent something, but this website has some serious fashion that I could never afford, so you can rent it. Genius idea, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment