Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dallas Trip and No More TBS

This past weekend, I went down to Dallas for a wedding. I flew Southwest since they are dirt cheap and can get me there in 45 min. Friday night, my 7:45 PM flight was delayed til 9:15 and coming home on Sunday, my flight was delayed from 11:20 AM til 2:20 PM. Annoying! But they gave me a $100 voucher, which will come in very handy.

The wedding was at The Ritz, and they def know how to put on a wedding. Side note: I think I need to cut champagne out of my life. Or limit myself to 2 glasses, which does not seem possible. The wedding was a blast, even though I was forced to go alone because Kyle was out of town. I went with my brother and Erin and sat at a table with all couples. Hence, the over indulging of champagne. But really, the night was so much fun. I always love getting to spend time with Bryan & Erin. Here is the one picture I got all night:
Best sister in law ever :)
Kyle was supposed to fly home Sunday night but American overbooked and he ended up getting a $500 voucher to stay one more night in Pittsburgh. It was an interesting weekend for the two of us!

I got my first shellac manicure, and I am officially hooked. I love to paint my nails, but they seem to chip every 3 days or so and I have to redo them. I usually end up painting them at Kyle's kitchen counter, and he hates the smell. This is supposed to last 3 weeks.

In other news, my roomie Elaina got offered a great job in OKC, and started on Monday. I am so proud of her for taking this opportunity, even though it means I don't get to live with her anymore. I decided rather than looking for a one bedroom apartment, I would stay in the house and cut costs wherever I could. Luckily, our rent is pretty cheap and all of the one bedroom apts I looked at were about the same as what I will be paying now. I did have to get rid of expanded cable and my DVR. For the first time in my life, I will not have TBS in my home. I love TBS, mainly because it plays Seinfeld all the time. But I am on the go a lot, so basic cable will be just fine, and I will record some stuff at Kyle's house. I already recorded the Real Housewives of New York reunion on his bedroom TV. He was thrilled about that.

Here are some pics from her going away party:






3 comments:

  1. Book group will not be the same without her! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine that the wedding at the Ritz was lovely :) I've been to a couple of work-related events at the Ritz and the food/service is always top notch. Don't cut back on the champagne! That's nonsense!

    Flight delays suck, but at least you received a voucher out of it.

    I haven't had cable in four years. Trust me when I say that it'll be okay :) I don't even miss it anymore.

    ReplyDelete