Thursday, January 27, 2011

Book Club

I would like to give a shout out to my book club ladies. Every month, we get about 8 girls together and meet at one members house. It's your typical "read a book and then talk about it" concept, with so much more:

1. The Food- The food is the jam. We have some seriously wonderful little chefs and they whip up some great stuff. Some items are store bought (and that's ok, too) but I love how we defintely devote time into our menu each month.
2. Wine- Wine makes the conversation flow. Necessity of a book club.
3. Conversation- we may stray off topic every now and then (ok, a lot!) but we always make sure we talk about the book, and then we get to cover all kinds of ground. A few of the girls went to high school together and its fun to listen to them talk about the old times together. A few of the members are new to our friend circle and they are hilarious, and always produce plenty of laughter.
4. A baby- This is not a normal addition to book club, but one of our members brought her 14 week old last night. In her footed jammies. I wanted to steal her.
5. Books- Duh. We love to read. We just read Sarah's Key and our next book is The Nineteenth Wife, if you care to know.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for book club! I always feel all warm and fuzzy (as opposed to dark and twisty) from all the delicious food and wine and fabulous company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found out about it. I get really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete