Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 10: Confession

Day 10 is upon us. Confession day. Dun, dun, dun! I have thought long and hard about my confession and I have decided to tell one that some people already know, but there are plenty of people that may not know it.
I was gonna go with something lame like, "I really enjoy Lifetime movies", but that just won't do, will it?

Ok.

My confession.

I have been arrested. 
(Don't worry, my parents aren't freaking out right now, they already know.)

Once night in Stillwater, I was partaking in some fun on the strip. My roomies were at home and I was out with some intramural guys. I had 3 beers all night. No, I am not lying.
My friend Jose asked me if I could drive him to his car because he parked far away. I dropped him off and then headed home. If you have ever driven in Stillwater, you know that the streets close to the strip are lined with cars. I pulled out from a side street and saw police lights. Wondering what I could have possibly done wrong, I pulled into a church parking lot. It's about 40 degrees, I have on jeans and pink high heels (no fashion jokes needed). He walks up to the car and asks me why I was driving in the center of the road. I said, umm because I didn't want to hit the cars lining both sides of the road. Which I wasn't exactly in the center of the road, whatever.
He asks me if I had anything to drink. Yes sir, a couple of beers. No reason to lie. I knew I was fine to drive home.
He asks me to get out of the car. Sobriety test time. I'm freaking out. And shivering.
I do the sobriety test. Pretty sure I passed. He says nothing to me for about 30 seconds, sighs, says he doesn't want to do this, and then spins me around and handcuffs me. I said, "are you arresting me?"
I begged him to let my roomate come pick me up. Nope. I mean, clearly I wasn't hammered.


I cried the whole way to the station as he tried to small talk me. I just kept thinking how mad my parents would be.

We get to the station and they book me. Fingerprints, mug shot, all while I am crying.
Then it is time to blow in the breathalyzer. I blew a .06. Hahahaha sucka! Told you I wasn't drunk. To get a DUI, you have to blow a .08. And I was now gonna get to go home. I was beyond thrilled and now I was mad at this jerk cop.
My friend Shemarr was the only one who answered the phone at 4AM and would come get me.
I had to pay $140 to get my car out of impound. Which I later was reimbursed. Once my dad found out, he was livid and took my case to the DA and I got my money back since I was legally ok to drive.

Long story. Somewhat happy ending.

1 comment:

  1. Go, Tom!

    And this story all happened because you were in Stillwater. I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete