Friday, August 13, 2010

In a Rush

Is it just me or does everyone else feel like they are in a rush all the time? From the moment I wake up, I feel like I am in a race against time. Here is a usual day:

6:10- Alarm 1
6:35- Ok, stop snoozing and get up
7:35-  Leave for work
8:00-12:30- Work, check email, facebook, twitter, blogs, work
12:30-1:30- Lunch- race back to clock back in on time (have to clock in/out at exactly 1 hr for lunch)
1:30-5:00-  Work (same as above)
5:15-5:30- Leave for gym
6:45-7:00- Leave gym and hurry home to shower, cook dinner, let Sophie out, etc
8:00- Decide if I am staying in for the night or going somewhere (which means I have to blowdry the sweat and reapply makeup)
10:30- Fall into bed

Now, that is a typical Mon-Thursday schedule. It may not seem hectic, but it sure feels it. Today, my dilemma is whether or not I want to work out after work and then have to re-shower and get ready for the evening, or if I want to stop by Old Navy and the mall for some cheap new duds, or if I want to just go home and lay around on the couch and finish watching Bethenny Getting Married before I go out with the girls for some drinks.
Here's the problem...if I go home and lay around, I will maybe feel rested/less rushed, but I will also feel guilty for not working out (I am slightly obsessed with working out, which I suppose is a good obsession to have but it can really hinder my social schedule during the week). If I work out, I will feel rushed and then be annoyed that I have to re-do myself to go out. If I go buy clothes, I will feel guilty for spending money AND not working out. You see? I know, I know, there are more important things to worry about like global warming and healthcare and if Jen and Brad will ever get back together, but these are my trials and tribulations of the day.
Any thoughts on what I should do? Please choose by option #

Option #1- Work out after work, go home and re-do myself, feel rushed
Option #2- Go home and lay around for an hour or so, not feel rushed, but feel guilt
Option #3- Go shopping and feel guilty for money, not working out, feel less rushed
Option #4- Run for 30 min, hurry a shopping trip, feel guilty about one thing and feel really rushed
Option#5- Call me a drama queen. (Please don't choose this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment