Monday, March 15, 2010

Wedding Numero 2

Good Monday morning! I sound chipper but I am actually exhausted. I want to crawl back into bed and sleep the morning away. It is always so hard for me to get going on Mondays, especially when I have been out of town for the weekend. Kent and I got some good sleep this weekend but for some reason, I still come home exhausted on Sundays.
Anyway, I had a fantastic weekend with some of Kent's great friends. His best buddy Tanner was getting married to his long time love Julie. Kent was a groomsman and he looked as handsome as I hoped :)
Friday night, the rehearsal dinner was in El Reno, so I booked it out of work and headed down I-44 to El Reno. Had to stop at the Micky D's in Yukon and change clothes. I tried to keep my feet off the floor as much as possible..gross. And I left my hanger in the bathroom. Dang, those are good hangers too.
So I got changed and headed to the rehearsal dinner at Tanner's mom's house. It was decorated so well with lights and lanterns in the back yard. Too bad it was freakin cold and we couldn't hang out and enjoy the evening. The food was great (Big Truck Tacos again) and I indulged in more guacamole.
Kent and I waiting on our tacos

After the rehearsal dinner, we headed to Kent's house and busted out some old school Boyz II Men in my car. The boys came over after we got home and they all began to reminisce and I soon fell asleep in the couch. Saturday morning, Tanner was up fairly early and ready to get the day started. We went bowling and had lunch at Red Pin. The best thing about Red Pin bowling alley is that it is not dirty and smelly. However, I did forget socks so I am sure something was smelling. Don't worry, I used about a bottle of sanitizer on my feet as soon as I took the shoes off. 
As soon as the boys were headed to the church, I got in the shower and started my process of getting ready. You know, makeup and hair and dresses and shoes and jewelry can take so long but it is so worth it. I don't think there is anything much better than getting all dolled up for the evening.
 
 Kara, Kathy and I at the church

Kent and I in the limo


Kent and I with his Aunt Carrie & Uncle Cole
Kathy and I got to take some delicious cookies home from the reception.

4 comments:

  1. Fun times had by all.

    Clay's dad ate 4 of those cookies as soon as he got home LOL.

    Did I mention that I had to exit some random exit so that Clay could puke in the parking lot after the wedding??? Pansy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? I didn't even know he drank that much!
    Kent felt hungover all day from the margaritas at the rehearsal dinner.
    Maybe someone drugged them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it you??? Did you roofie Kent???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot, he falls asleep easy enough! No drugs needed for him!

    ReplyDelete