Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Katie + Louie= Wedding Day Love

Ok friends, I am back to reality! The wedding is over. Tear. Be prepared for a full, detailed recap below.
I have never been more honored than to be Katie's maid of honor and I am so glad I got to be such a huge part in her special day! I am about to cry, so I need to keep on writing!

Day 1- Thursday: Started out with an early alarm and the final little things I needed to pack. My parents were picking me up at 8:00 am so we could hit the road. I am was so anxious to get down to Dallas.. I decided to sleep most of the way so my brain could have a rest from all the planning. We arrived in Dallas and headed for the salon to get mani's and pedi's. It was my mom's first pedicure and I think she really enjoyed the massage chair.

After the pampering, Katie and the other bridesmaids ran over to Zales to get our jewelry cleaned. I would love to see their security video catching me do the Beyonce "Lemme lemme upgrade ya" dance. 
The whole family gathered for Dinner at Gloria's on the lake. If you haven't been there, you need to go. The salsa and black bean dips are delish but nothing holds a candle to their sangria swirl margaritas. 



After dinner, the girls headed to Katie's to have some drinks and just relax before the luncheon the next day.

Day 2- Friday: The morning started off with 4 girls getting ready in a one bathroom/bedroom apt. That was interesting. We headed to the bridal luncheon around 10:30. The luncheon was at the Chocolate Angel Tea Room in Addison. It was adorable! We were served plates of tiny sandwiches and quiches and then a dessert plate

After lunch, we headed to Katie's apartment to rest before the rehearsal at 5:30. I fell asleep in the chair while watching Saved by the Bell that Katie had recorded. That is why I love her, because she still records SBTB.
After relaxing all afternoon, it soon became a mad dash to get ready and get over to the church for rehearsal. Kent was on his way into town and I was picking him up at the hotel and I was very excited to see him. The church was hot when we got there (I know, I am always hot but I swear it really was hot). Please someone take the initiative when I get married to make sure the church is nice and cool on my wedding day. Nothing worse than a sweaty bride.

We headed to the rehearsal dinner at Black Finn after stopping at the hotel to get Bryan, Jordyn & Kent.
 Katie and Louie at the rehearsal dinner
This is one of my favorite pics. Kent captured this and I know Katie will kill me for posting it
 All the bridesmaids 
Day 3- Saturday: Wedding day!!!! I woke up and couldn't believe that it was time to start getting ready for the day! Well, my first thought was I can't believe the alarm was going off but that is another story. We headed out to get our hair done. Mine was the longest and I think took the longest. But it was sure worth it. 
This picture was taken in the bridal room, where guess what...it was hot!!! Two oscillating fans later and we still felt hot but at least we had some moving air.


The beautiful bride and her maid of honor! 
 It was time to walk down the aisle!! I was feeling so emotional and I made it down most of the way before I started to get choked up. My baby cousin was getting married and she had never looked happier! I was so proud to stand up there next to her. Now it was time to party at the reception!!! 
James Bond and his Mashtini 
Mr. and Mrs. Lauck
I have the best Aunt ever
 My date :) 

Thank you Katie and Louie for letting all of us be a part of your day! We love you!

P.S.- Project Grow Bangs Out is in effect. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment