Friday, January 15, 2010

iDid

Yes, I gave into the pressures of popular society and got an iPhone. Now, before you go thinking I am crazy for spending an arm and a leg on my phone bill each month, hear me out. Previously I had a Blackberry through work. They paid for it and no one ever called me. One month I used 4 minutes because I called my mom when my other cell was dead. So I talked to my boss and told him there was no reason to be paying for a cell phone for me anymore so he told me he would pay $40 towards my cell phone bill each month. Yhatzee! Now, while this was a great deal, I had just upgraded my phone so if I wanted to get an iPhone I would have to pay the full price. No thanks. I don't even pay full price for takeout (I use coupons everytime). So in comes my mom, Superwoman. She offered to upgrade her phone to an iPhone and then she would take the phone I had. What a woman. Giving, selfless and clueless as to how great the iPhone would be and she was giving it all to me. So now I have the iPhone. I love it. It loves me. Comes in handy when you are playing trivia on Thursday nights at a local pizza joint and you need to find an answer (I know this is considered cheating but I really hate losing to the Nerd Alert team). Thanks Mom for the iPhone!!

My birthday is next Friday the 22nd and I am planning my own birthday party. Takes the surprise right out of it; it's like wrapping your own Christmas presents. And if you know me, you know that I love surprises. They don't happen very often but I do love them. I do not want to know what I am getting for Christmas and I do not ever peek/look. My aunt gives me a wrapped birthday present every year at Christmas and I take it home, leave it wrapped and sit it in the corner of my room until the day of my birthday and then I open it.
Tonight I have no plans. I am going to the gym after work (on a Friday so I get double points, right) and then going home and cleaning up a bit and watching some TV. My mom. grandma (Deeya) and I are going shopping Sat morn and then I am headed to OKC to see Kent. I think we are going to watch Avatar.
Any reviews on that movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment