Monday, January 18, 2010

Bonne Fete

This is my birthday week. I would like to think I can get away with celebrating my birthday all week long. In my head I definitely do.
Friday is my actual birthday. The big 2-7. Gawd, where did my youth go? I still remember how excited I was to turn 21, go out with friends, and be a “grown up”. Now don’t get me wrong, 27 isn’t old and why is 30 so scary. I don’t understand it. I mean, I am terrified to turn 30, but why am I so scared? Will my hair fall out (I have already experienced this when I was sick from a tick bite…it’s not fun), will wrinkles automatically pop up, will I no longer be able to hold my pee?
Anywho, I am having a birthday celebration on Friday night for moi, my pal Ozzie (Jan 24th) and a new friend I met through Kent that actually shares my birthday (the 22nd). We have a room reserved at a new Asian place in downtown Tulsa and you can take your iPod and play your own tunes. I am all over this; sometimes I think I should have been a DJ in another life. Kent will be in town, along with some other OKC folks. I can’t wait! I am giddy with excitement! Also, I will be sporting fake eyelashes on Friday. If you have never tried them, I strongly encourage you to do so!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny...my friend Andee had a bday party 2 weeks ago downtown @ McNellies and she did fake eyelashes from MAC...they were awesome, unfortunately her husband told her she looked like a drag queen....bad Bob, bad!

    ReplyDelete