Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Today is my birthday. I love it. Every year I love it. Not that I love getting older cause that sucks but I love the fact that you have a whole day devoted to you. Is that so wrong? I don’t think so.

Look, in my defense, I think that I can only totally indulge in my birthday for a few more years. But I will try to get away with it as long as possible.
I came to work this morning and my boss, Ed had hung a happy birthday banner over my desk. And the employees got me a card. And Kate in the call center made me a cheesecake. And we went to lunch at Olive Garden. And Facebook and text messages have been blowing up all day.
The best part is that the real fun hasn’t even begun. After work, I get to pick up my birthday cake that my roomie ordered and go home and get ready for an evening filled with friends. Kent will be on his way later today to join the party.
But the best part about the whole day? A simple facebook post from my aunt that made it so special. I love my aunt, a lot. Probably as much as my nieces love me, which is an infinite amount. There is a picture of us at my grandma’s house when I was little (about 2, maybe 3) and she is barely tickling me and I have the sweetest smile on my face. It has always been one of my favorite pictures and she posted it on my wall. Something every year makes me tear up, usually my mom and dad’s card but this year it was that picture.

Also, a Happy Anniversary shout out to my aunt and uncle! Love you both!



1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Heather! I hope you had a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete