Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Still Hiding

After OSU homecoming, I still many more weeks to go of hiding. The reason I was still hiding this amazing little secret was because Kyle's parents were coming into town for Thanksgiving and I wanted to tell our parents together. There are only a few times when we get our parents together and I just had this vision of revealing this wonderful piece of news to them together!

At the end of October, we had my grandma's 80th birthday party at our house. My whole family would be here and I had purchased all kinds of liquids that I could make into fake drinks. My plan was to tell no one. 
But my cousins, Zach & Kristin, got there first with their baby girl, Dylan. I was holding her and talking to them and I literally couldn't keep it in any longer and I just blurted it out! Took them completely by surprise! 

I had called my cousin, Katie, a few weeks prior and told her over the phone since she wouldn't be able to make it to Deeya's party. 

I was glad that my mom and aunt were preoccupied with my grandma and too busy to keep an eye on the fact that I wasn't drinking the delicious rose champagne we opened. 

Once the first of November was upon us, I was on serious countdown mode. It was becoming increasingly harder to not tell...

Nov 16th, I took my mom to the Harry Connick, Jr concert for her birthday. Still hiding....
Nov 23rd, we went to the last OSU game before the reveal. I was starving the entire day and I had to pee about 15 times before we went into the game. We ate at Hideaway Pizza before the game and I tried not to inhale the food. The Baylor game was freezing and I took a pair of snow pants that were already a little snug and when I slipped them on at the game over my 2 layers already, they wouldn't button. 

After the game, I only had to wait 3 more days until the reveal to our parents.....

No comments:

Post a Comment