Tuesday, December 31, 2013

First Doc Appt

My first appt with the doctor was Oct 11th. At this point, I had know I was pregnant for 4 weeks and it was really hard to have to wait so long to see the doctor! At my first appt, she just gave me some prenatal vitamins, brochures and did an exam. Oh and then the blood work. Kyle wasn't able to get off work for this appt so I was there by myself. I don't like to have my blood taken and I usually get a little woozy and then pull myself together. But this time was bad, they took 6 vials of blood. 6!!!! I had no idea how many she had to take and about 2-3 vials in I started to sweat and get really light headed. She kept asking me if I was going to throw up or pass out. I told her neither because I knew if I made her stop we would just have to do it all over again.

Once the 6 vials were taken I had to wait in the room for about 30 min before I could get up. I was drenched in a cold sweat and was shivering. And I was white as a ghost. I had to go home and change my clothes and blow dry my hair. I was a mess!

I spent that weekend at Hudson Lake with Sammi, Elaina and Harlan celebrating Sammi's 30th birthday. I drank lots of sparkling water and lots of relaxation.

The following Friday, Oct 18th, was my second doctors appt. Kyle went with me this time and they did an vaginal ultrasound (I was 8 weeks pregnant). It was so surreal to see that tiny little fish looking baby with a tiny beating heart! The heartbeat at 8 weeks was 162, that little thing was moving!

At this appt we met our OB (I saw the PA on my first visit). I have gone to the Women's Health Group since my first gyno appt at 18 years old. Jennifer Butler is new to the practice and will be our doctor. This appt only lasted a few min and we just asked her a few questions and then we were on our way with the knowledge that our little one was growing as expected and had a strong beating heart (with pictures to take home!)

I hid those pictures on my nightstand for the next 6 weeks....

The day after our 9 week appt, we went to OSU homecoming with my parents. After the game, we went to eat at Mexico Joe's. Kyle went to the bar to get drinks for everyone and forgot to get me a fake drink. I will always have a margarita at a Mexican restaurant but once I told him he had to get me a fake drink, he really dropped the ball. After we sat at our table, he comes walking up with a pina colada. Not that I won't ever drink a pina, but I really would never order one. I was hoping this wouldn't tip my mom off that I was hiding something!

No comments:

Post a Comment