Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2 Pink Lines

Sept 17th turned out to be a very interesting day for the Gatewood's. I expected to start my period on Sept 16th and I went to bed thinking that I would wake up the next morning to find Aunt Flow had come to visit. When I woke up, I went to the bathroom to find nothing. Nothing. I am never late. Ever since I got off the pill, I had very precise cycles. So I ran to our upstairs bathroom and took a test. I waited the 3 min, and looked. Yep, there was definitely a second pink line. Holy crap. Even though I knew this could/would happen, it is still surreal to see that line. So the next step was to take another test. Yep, that second pink line again. I was feeling so many emotions. Pure joy, excitement, nerves, happiness. Kyle wasn't home so I was just staring at the wall for a minute or two. I went downstairs and ate a little breakfast and called the doctor to make an appt. I had recently mentioned to Kyle that Sept would have been a interesting month to get pregnant because I had so many things going on: destination bachelorette party, Baltimore wedding, trip to NYC. All things that I had been looking forward to for a very long time and would be changed by a pregnancy. But who cares, I'm pregnant!!!!!

After I made the doctors appt and ate some breakfast, I did the only logical think next. I took another test. I took a digital one this time and it immediately said "pregnant". Holla. I didn't want to tell Kyle on the phone and I had to work a wine tasting that night so I had to wait all day to tell him. I was completely distracted all day long. I kept thinking I would do something creative to tell him, but when it came down to it I didn't. I left the tasting around 7:30 and headed to the house. I found Kyle on the couch watching tv. I discreetly went upstairs and got the "pregnant" test. As I walked back into the room, he said "I'm glad you're home. I was bored". I handed him the test and said "well you won't be bored anymore". Shock. His face was unforgettable. He sat up and stared at me. Then he got up and hugged me. I told him all about the morning and how many tests I took and I called the doctor, blah, blah, blah. We sat there for quite some time talking about everything. You know, having the conversation that you always imagined you would have at a time like this.

The next few days were odd. You don't feel pregnant but apparently you are. Can I drink this coffee? Guess I should pour out the open bottle of wine. I've heard things about cheeses and deli meats, what is the deal on that? I'll google it (bad idea..there is some really crazy stuff on the internet about pregnancy).

Here is the the story of how we started our journey of pregnancy...


No comments:

Post a Comment