Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wedding Updates

You will remember in this post that I had 10 items on my to do list for the wedding. Of course, there are tons more but those were just the major ones. Based on this list below, here is my progress:

Flowers- completed!
Registry- completed!
Bridesmaid dresses- completed!
Save the Dates- completed!
Invitations- completed!
Photographer- completed!
DJ- completed!
Rehearsal dinner location- completed!
Hotel- completed!
Cake- completed!

Without revealing too much information for my readers that will be at the wedding, here are the vendors I am using:

Flowers- Sam's
Registry- Bed, Bath and Beyond & Macy's

Bridesmaid dresses- David's Bridal
Save the Dates- Wedding Paper Divas (online)
Invitations- Paper Girl (local)
Photographer- Alpha Dei Photography
DJ- Edge Sight and Sound
Rehearsal dinner location- Dust Bowl
Hotel- Courtyard Marriott- downtown

Cake- Ludger's

I will reveal the Save the Dates (I refuse to shorten to STD) since they were mailed out a while ago.

We have gotten so many compliments on these! I can't wait to reveal our beautiful wedding invitations. Elaina is a master calligrapher and offered to address them for us. So nice of her, and I can't wait to see the finished product.

I gave my aunt a thumb drive last night with pictures for the slideshow. I also got to try on my wedding dress for the first time since it came in. I purchased light purple shoes (really wanted dark purp, but was too anxious to shop anymore). I also had my heart set on wedges because a) they will be more comfy and b) they won't sink into the ground.

DSW- Sold out

Up next on the list:

Shop for Mother of the Bride dress
Shop for suit for my dad
Decide on cake decorations
Buy vases for centerpieces
Food tasting/menu selection
Music selection

Once guests start making reservations at the hotel, I will begin making gift bags. I also need to figure out my jewelry situation and my something borrowed, something blue, something old and something new!

And thank you to my voters! I ordered the winning dress and it came in and fits perfectly!

Dorothy Perkins Lace Dress


2 comments:

  1. What size did you get in this dress? Do you think it fits TTS? I am thinking about ordering it but am unsure on what size to order. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, just seeing this comment! Yes, dress fits true to size (according to their size chart). I went off my measurements and ordered the 6 and it fits great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete