Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunday Snack

Here at Just Another Day, I like to keep it fresh. I like to keep my readers interested. And if that means I have to start a new tradition, well then I have to start a new tradition. Last night, I thought of what I would do. I would create a post every Monday and call it "Sunday Snack" because that is exactly what it will be. A post about the Sunday Snack I made the day before.

You see, as I have mentioned before, Pinterest has been very good to me. I have been getting all kinds of recipes off of the site, pinning them to my boards, and then filling Kyle and his friends with all of my baking and cooking skills. These skills are newly acquired, and I feel on top of the world! I told Elaina last week the the baking ideas in my head are consuming. I am constantly thinking of what I will make next.

To start this new posting tradition, I will post the Sunday Snack I made yesterday from a recipe I found on Pinterest & with a little twist from Elaina who has made these a few times before.

Pretzel cookies with chocolate & peanut butter chips
Elaina said when she made these she just used the recipe for the cookie on the bag of chocolate chips, so that is what I did. And they were awesome. 5 dozen of these suckers were gone when I got back to Kyle's around 5:30 last night.

I started out the morning by making biscuits and gravy.
*Not my photo* 
This recipe calls for 3 cups milk, and Kyle had exactly 3 cups milk. However, the gravy was somewhat thick and could have used a little more to thin it out. I used Grands Homestyle biscuits and JC Potter original sausage.

A few Saturdays ago, I made this:

Betty Crocker "Brookie" 
This was a brownie mix, with random drops of cookie dough on top. Delicious and I just ran across it in the cake aisle and thought I needed to try it.

Two Sundays ago, I made:

Pretzels with melted Hershey kiss, topped with M&M
 These were a hit for the Sunday football fellas. I made a few special ones and dipped the M&M in peanut butter before putting it in top. Personally, they were a little too chocolate-y for me, so next time I will be using a Rolo or something more fun than a Hershey kiss.
cake batter rice krispies
This cake matter recipe took these Krispies to a whole new level.

Since I have a huge box of Rice Krispies left over, here is what I plan to make this coming Sunday:

Krispie Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
I'll let you know how these turn out!

Now keep in mind, I am by no means Suzie Homemaker or Betty Crocker. If a recipe has more than about 6 ingredients, I won't make it. Or if it calls for something unusual that I am not familiar with, I won't make it.
So if you like easy recipes that are usually really fattening and 6 ingredients or less, you are in the right place.

And the recipe I am most proud of??? My first 2 loaves of Amish Friendship Bread! I made them on Saturday after we got back from Edmond and they turned out awesome! This does have more than 6 ingredients and my kitchen was a mess after I made them, but totally worth it. I brought a loaf to work this morning and put it in the kitchen and it is already gone. Let me know if you would like the recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, it all looks delicious, but I think I gained 10 pounds just reading that post! I need to go for a run now... :}

    ReplyDelete