Monday, April 11, 2011

This past weekend is a blur, like most weekends. But I can't complain since I got to do all kinds of fun things. Oh, you want to hear all about them? Sure thing!

Friday night was the Kings of Leon concert. Elaina and I saw KOL in October 2009 at ACL in Austin and loved loved loved them. They were at the BOk center and I am pretty sure all of Tulsa was at this concert. Thanks to Sammi we had awesome seats. I forgot my camera cord so I can't post my pics. Elaina, Amanda and I went to Casa Laredo downtown at 6:30 and waited til about 7:20 to get a table. Jenn came and met us, we scarfed down our food and made it to the BOk just in time to get some drinks and find our seats. Actually, I was the last in line and they turned the lights down and I just stood on the stairs in the dark for a good 5 min staring, hoping to recognize Elaina's hair so I could find our seats.

Saturday was a busy, busy day. Rowdy Red and I went to a wedding reception for a couple that I know. It was hot outside and windy but the house was beautiful. It was right off of the Southern Hills golf course. As I told Elaina earlier, I am not a fan of outdoor reception/weddings.I don't do heat well, and my face tends to start sweating a more rapid rate than an Olympic downhill skier. And it was windy, and the tables kept tipping over and shattering vases. While they can be beautiful, I will be having my reception indoors. With air conditioning.

After the reception, we went to eat dinner with my parents, my grandma and The Circus (Bryan, Erin, Lauren, Allison, Jordyn). Lauren promptly put herself in a seat by Rowdy Red and Allison found her place next to me. It's so sweet to see Lauren and Red bonding. Especially since she usually would prefer my male companions be non-existent. Jordyn even smiled at him and said his name out loud so he could hear. He's making progress!

After we ate, got froyo (CherryBerry) and supported them by purchasing delicious Otis Spunkmeyer cookies for school, we got a movie and plopped ourselves on the couch for the rest of the evening.

We did yard work Sunday. He did more than me. Once he started mowing, I took that chance to run a few errands. He had to leave for Ardmore about 6 PM so he had to get everything done in time to watch the Masters before he left. I napped. It was glorious.

This week/weekend seems to be shaping up nicely. Kickball Thurs, dinner with Tasha and Wendi Friday, hair appt Sat afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Uh-oh, the family is loving him and everything?! It looks like we may have a winner... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute. Lauren is smitten. So am I :)

    ReplyDelete