My 10 yr reunion is approaching and unlike most people, I have no interest in going. Well, on a scale of 0-10, I am about a 1. Here's why:
* My class (Class of 2001) sucked. I went to Ft. Gibson from preschool until I graduated. You would think I would have a really cool network of friends after that long in a school. But nope. I still talk to 1 person from high school. And that one person is a guy.Wait, maybe 2. If random texts from your high school boyf count.
* I was closer to the class ahead of me and the class below me.
* There are several girls from my class that are still in contact. And not with me. I don't really have anything in common with these girls. They engaged in activities that I had no interest in and to be honest, weren't always the nicest to me.
* Plenty of them stayed in Fort Gibson and got married and had babies (not always in that order). I wouldn't say I hate FTG, but mark my words: I will never live there again. My parents have a wonderful house there and that is the only reason I ever go back.
* Facebook. Don't we really get all the info we need from Facebook anyway?
I really hate to sound like such a downer about this topic. Recently, a girl from my high school that I have known for years and years, has been writing on people's facebook walls begging them to make sure they have sent their information in for the reunion. And I find it just so ridiculous. Which may not be fair on my part. Maybe she really is excited to see these people. I just can't seem to get on board.
The details of the event aren't out yet, so I am still up in the air about it. I have a slight feeling that I wouldn't be missed if I didn't go. Am I the only one that is this disinterested in their high school reunion?