Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day is over. My pants still fit. And it is time to Christmas shop. I already have the nieces finished and I know what I am buying my mom and my dad. I feel much better about my gift-giving this year. Last year, I waited too late and wasn't pleased.

I love the wood paneling in our den. It looks so 80's Christmas!
I am totally feeling the holiday cheer. But that's no surprise. I always feel the holiday cheer. I decorated the house this weekend and realized I could use more decorations, even though my house is smaller. The tree is up and twinkling. Well, the lights don't actually twinkle, but my heart does every time I see it.

Thanksgiving was spent at my Deeya's house in Claremore. The whole crew was there, 12 adults, 3 kids, 5 dogs, one TV. Thursday, before the real meal, we had dips and appetizers to munch on. My corn/avocado salsa was a hit. I also made a chocolate pie topped with crumbled Reese's that seemed to go over well, except I was told it was really sweet. My mom's cheesecake is still divine. Ask Sophie. I foolishly ran into Wal-Mart on my way home from Deeya's and left Sophie and a slice of cheesecake in the car. One of them didn't make it.









I was too busy chasing the girls around or cooking or cleaning or cutting or something to take lots of pics. I did capture a few of Jordyn because that face is like an angel. And she is at the most fun age.

She calls herself "Jordy" which is adorable. She will walk into the room and say "Header", I reply "Jordyn", she replies "Header", and it goes on and on. She also has this "so big" saying. See video below.

I got home Sat morning and had all day to prepare for the OSU game. But nothing could have prepared me for the intensity of that game. Still bummed about the loss. But we ended with a 10-2 record, nothing to be sad about!

I only have one Christmas party to attend between now and Christmas Day (of course it falls on the same night as my nieces Christmas program) so it looks like I will have plenty of time to light some holiday candles, read a book, and turn up the Christmas tunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment