Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Time


With so much going on, I want to just take a minute and remember the things I am thankful for. I did this same post last year, and I think I will make this a blogging tradition. There are reminders everyone to be thankful, but rarely does anyone take the time to do it.

I am thankful for my home. It may be small, but it houses all my belongings and is very cozy.
I am thankful that my mother taught me to love reading.
I am thankful that my family actually enjoys spending time together. I hear too often about families that don't get along.
I am thankful for my job.
I am thankful for thoughtful people.
I am thankful for my health.
I am thankful for my Cowboys having such a great football season.
I am thankful that I got to see Rome and all of the history there.
I am thankful for cheap Southwest flights so I could spend time with my cousins.
I am thankful for a few days off work.

Now, on to the lastest and greatest happenings in my life.

Last weekend, I flew down to Dallas to celebrate my cousin's 30th birthday. We had a pub crawl for Zach that lasted 8 hours. Started at 3 PM and we got home at 11:45 PM. It was Thanksgiving themed and I didn't dress up (didn't want to fit a costume into my tiny carry on) but lots of others dressed up as pilgrims, indians, and turkeys. Well, just one turkey, the birthday boy himself.

Heather, Kristin, Katie

The Birthday Boy dressed as a turkey

My look alike

Austin, Kristin, Heather
A couple of weekends ago, Bryan and Erin came to Tulsa for a baby shower and then stayed the night at Grammy and Pappy's. I had a couples baby shower to go to that evening, so when I got home the next day, I asked the girls what they did last night. Their answer: Rode Pappy's lawn mower. They are entertained so easily.



The video below is hilarious. Make sure you have your sound on. The girls asked us which one we would want to fight and then demonstrated their fighting abilities:

Last but not least, we got 2nd place AGAIN in kickball. Lost by 1 run in the bottom of the 7th (we only play 5 innings) and the league had a end of the season kickball party for us.

Kickball ladies

Ozzie and Billy

Meghan, Amanda, Heather

Co-workers, Co-kickballers

Sporting my 2nd place medal 
 Team Mooseknuckles- minus a few

Now, onto Thanksgiving prep. Headed to Deeya's Wed night and the whole fam will be there. I am making fresh corn and avocado salsa to munch on before the bird is cooked and no bake chocolate pie for my brother, since he doesn't like my mom's homemade cheesecake. He has lost his mind. I am going to be nice and crumble Reese's on top for a little extra oomph.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and cheer on the Cowboys for Bedlam Sat at 7:00 PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment