Monday, November 8, 2010

Rome!

It has taken me all week to find the time to post about Rome. I accidentally left my Rome journal at home so I may have to go back and edit with better details when I have time.


I will give you a quick rundown of our 6 day Italian vacation via pictures. And some quick details:

Who: Heather, Mom (Cindy), Aunt (Sheri), Grandma (Deeya is what we call her)
When: October 23-30
Why: Why not, right?
Where: Rome, Italy

We left Tulsa at 7:45 AM on Saturday morning. I got up around 5:15 that morning so I was already tired and knew I had a long day ahead of me.

Our flight went from Tulsa to Houston to Newark (where we met my aunt) and then 8.5 hours to Rome.
The flight to Rome wasn't full so we were able to get a middle section of seats (3) and lay down and sleep. Apparently, I was the only one in the group that actually went to sleep. I slept for almost 5 hours. And thankfully so, because we hit Rome at 8AM and had a whole day ahead of us.

Our driver was supposed to be at the airport with our names written on a piece of paper. After waiting at the airport for 30 min, we decided he wasn't coming and I called the hotel. She just kept saying, "the car broke." We found another driver, Salvatore, to drive us to our hotel for 60 euro. Finally made it to the hotel and the vacation begins! Deeya is so sleepy she can barely hold her head up.After laying down in the room for a little nap, the sightseeing begins!

I would outline this trip day by day, but I am not sure I would have any more readers! Here are some pics to enjoy!

Our spacious hotel room

The girls inside the Pantheon

What flavor would you like?

Lemon/wild berry for me. Orange chocolate/dark chocolate for Sheri

Vittorio Emmanuel

Spaghetti Carbonara

Sweety Rome, out neighborhood pastry shop

St. Peters Square

Dome of the Pantheon

Sistine Chapel

St. Peters Square

Mailing our postcards

3 generations at St. Peters Square

Peita by Michelangelo

Inside of St. Peters Basilica

My Swiss Guard boyfriends

St. Peters at night

Bridge over the Tiber

At the top of Castel Sant Angelo

Trevi Fountain at night

Colosseo

Deeya and I outside the Colosseum

Roman Forum

Hanging out on the top of a column

Piazza Navona balconey

Being touristy

Inside the Colosseum

Arch of Constatine

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I am totally jealous! Such great pictures & glad you had a great time with the girls. I was beginning to wonder if you were actually coming back.

    ReplyDelete