Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What Happened?

My life has been a whirlwind for the past 2 weeks. Let me recap you on what has happened.

1. I moved. 'Nuff said.
Elaina & I moved 7 blocks to the north to a cute little 2 bedroom house. It has no dishwasher and I am sad about that. And it has no doggie door but it has charm and the living room is painted yellow and it is not in our old scary neighborhood.
The move began last Thursday night when I got off work. I went to the gym and got all sweaty and then started moving my closet. This new house may be smaller but the closet are legit. I am so thrilled about that. So I moved my clothes and boxed up the rest of my room and stayed the night in the old house one last time. I get attached to things like that and with some unexpected changes that happened lately, I had a moment of tears.
Friday after work my parents and the Farmer's came to Tulsa to help move me. Thank goodness for good people like the Farmer's. After the move, I met up with some friends and went out on the town to the Caravan. If  you have never been to the Caravan in Tulsa, you need to go. It is magnificent. Boot-scootin and a little hip-hop mixed in.
2. I went bowling and to the arcade for 5 hours.
It was some of the most fun times I have had in a long time. Note the pictures below and you will see why it was so much fun. It was raining and we were supposed to go to the lake but instead we acted like 12 year olds all day.
3. Dinner and drinks.
Saturday night after bowling, I had dinner and drinks with some people. I was already exhausted from the move, bowling, arcade.
4. Sunday: Fourth of July.
I am delirious tired now and Sammi and I headed out for lunch and tried to find anywhere that was open that day. A long, delicious lunch and then a nap before the rest of the festitvies.
5. Cookout at Ozzie's parents house.
It was muggy, hot, and I was tired. We ate delicious food and watched some people play horseshoes and volleyball. Thanks to one idiot girl, Sammi and I ended up leaving a little earlier than planned. We rounded up Billy, Jena, and James and hit up yet another bar for the weekend. Sunday night and I am at the bar. And I have slept maybe 10 hours in 3 days. And I moved in and abandoned my house.
6. Pool day at Billy's
Billy lives about 728 ft from me now. Literally, he does, I googled it. So Billy likes to just walk in the back door a lot. This weekend I ended up with Billy's dip, guitar and sweatshirt all at my house. Anyway, the troops barged in my back door around 11 and dragged me to the pool. Spent all day by the pool laughing hysterically with friends.
7. Dinner and renting Iron Man
Dinner at Chili's (yum) and watched Iron Man. I know it has been out a while but I am a little behind on these things. Robert Downey Jr ain't half bad lookin either.

So to sum things up, I spent my weekend running around like a chicken with my head cut off, didn't unpack nearly the amount I thought I would but yet still had one of the best weekends of my life.
On to of all that, I have this weird virus thing where my lips break out in blisters, get red, hurt and then peel. This has been going on almost 3 weeks. I think they are on the mend now but it has been miserable. Tuesday morning I woke up with a fever. Last night I had a fever again. I feel like a 2 yr old that is sickly, cranky, tired and needs a diaper change.
It's already Hump Day and I get to see my nieces this weekend. Sweet joy!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am worn smooth out just reading about your long weekend. Ahhh, to be young & full of energy again! Random side note: I went through the same lip thing about a month ago. I never even considered it could be a virus... hopefully you didn't pick it up at our house!

    ReplyDelete