Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Things I Wish I Had Known at 21...or any age

You know I love a good list. Whether it be a to-do list, or a list of things I love, or a list of things I want to buy, I love lists.
My new favorite website, The Frisky did a story on things they wish they knew when they were 21. I will use some of theirs and a few of my own. Ready....go!

1. Leaving home for college is hard. But so worth it.
2. Beer is an acquired taste.
3. Texting can be confusing. Sometimes it is better to call.
4. Buying one size too small won't make you lose weight any faster- stolen from The Frisky
5. Don't change your personality, schedule, expectations for a guy.
6. Save up your babysitting money, it will come in very handy one day when your grandma sends you to Paris
7. Find the oil changing place that has a ladies day. The discount is amazing. 
8. If your gut tells you he is cheating or about to break up, you are probably right.
9. Contain the crazy to loyal friends and your mother or close relatives- they won't judge you.
10. Relationships are not supposed to be hard in the beginning. - stolen from The Frisky
11. If he is thinking about you, he will text or call.
12. In this day and age, if he calls, he is interested. Texting past 11 PM is a booty call.
13. Breaking off an engagement/relationship that does not make you happy is hard to do, but needs to be done
14. If you hate your job, find another one. Life is too short to work and be miserable all day- stolen from The Frisky
15. 2 glasses of water and 2 Advil will make you feel much better in the morning after a night of drinking- Stolen from The Frisky
16. Facebook can be really evil sometimes. Control your stalking.
17. Sometimes, keeping the peace is so much better than being right. -stolen from The Frisky
18. Good friends are essential to life. Find them, keep them, nurture the relationships
19. Sleep while you can. One day you will have babies and won't ever sleep again.
20. Enjoy being single while you are. ( I could elaborate on this one, but I won't)
21. Go home and visit your parents. They love you being home again.
22. Learn manners and etiquette, it will benefit you so much.
23. Heartbreak hurts, and then it goes away. It might happen again, so be prepared.
24. Wear clothes that  look good on you. Shop sales if necessary, but it is ok to buy a good pair of jeans.
25. Build a relationship with your brother's wife/sister's husband.

Maybe I should have titled this Words of Wisdom from Heather or something like that, but I just copied the idea I saw online.
To end, here is one of my favorite pictures of all time from Katie's wedding. I hope my brother and sister in law don't mind if I kidnap their offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment