Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gym Bandit

2 summers ago, I paid over a $100 to complete a St. John's boot camp. At that time, I had a membership at another Tulsa gym that I didn't really care for. I loved St. John's close proximity and the staff there was great. My charming personality got me a free trial membership that the fellas at the front desk kept renewing, and renewing and renewing. For 2 years they renewed. I know, I know, it was wrong to work the system for a free gym membership at one of the most expensive gyms in town but can you blame a girl?!
So 2 weeks ago, I got a call from one of the front desk boys asking if I would be at the gym today. Apparently someone made an anonymous phone call and said a blond girl named Heather Heathcock was sneaking into the gym and they needed to catch me! What??! A). Who would know my name and tell on me like that? B). I was not sneaking into the gym. I had a legit short-term membership card that I presented everyday at the gym C). The responsibility really lies on the staff at St. John's for letting me work out there for free for 2 years.
I told gym boy that I would lay low for the week & would give them time to figure out what they wanted to do. Oh and let me remind you that I offered to sign up and pay the fees several times and they told me I didn't have to.
I haven't been back to the gym for 2 weeks and I have been running outside and doing workout DVD's at home. And I have been enjoying, much to my surprise. However, it is going to get hot this summer and I won't be able to stand running outside and sweating my life away.
So here is my dilemma, do I just give in and join St. John's and pay the ridiculous fees or shop around for a cheaper, less cool gym?

6 comments:

  1. DUH. why pay for the gym when you can spend that $ on shoes?!

    P.S. in my opinion, working out is overrated. just ask clay- i haven't worked out since september, and i swear i haven't been my current size since high school. granted, i was chubby in high school...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, well aren't just lucky!! Not all of us can be teeny without running our lives away. However, as weird and delusional as I sound, I actually enjoy working out.
    And don't worry, I will still find money to spend on clothes and shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not lucky...like i said, i was CHUBBY in high school so i'm chubby now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats super creepy!!
    A guy hit on me yesterday morning, right in front of Matt! Matt said he'd been hitting on a pregnant woman the week before. You never know folks these days.
    Anyways I say spend it on the gym. We havent really found one close that we like so St John is the best option (in our opinion).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, you are not chubby. You are so cute I wanna eat you up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT??!! How did you manage that? I had no idea you were working out for free all this time! You little snake!

    ReplyDelete