Monday, April 26, 2010

Thunder!!!

Let me please recap Friday for you. My boss was off work. I had plenty to do to keep me busy. I needed to leave for OKC at 5:00 on the dot so I planned on taking a 30 min lunch and eating and then 30 min later to go home and get Sophie and leave her in the car for about an hour at the end of the day. Well I took the 30 min and ate and went and got gas in my car. And then I came back and immediately went into some training for our new database system. The training didn't end until 4:20. Mind you, I still had 30 min of lunch I needed to take. So the logical thing would be to leave at 4:30. I went down to HR and told her and made sure it was ok that I left. I got this answer "well do what you have to do." Excuse me. I mean, I understand that you don't want people skipping lunch and leaving early or anything but come on, I work my tush off everyday; the least you could do is let me go home and get my freakin dog so I can hit the road and make it to OKC in time. I am just get so annoyed with people and their rules that don't apply to anyone in sales but definitely apply to me, one of the most reliable and hardest working people in the company.
Ok, I am off my rant.

So I got to leave at 4:35 and headed home to get Sophie. We hit the road to OKC at 4:46 from my driveway. Kent and I had plans to go to the Arts Festival in downtown OKC. It was only open until 9 so we really needed to hurry and get down there. I made it in time to even change clothes and freshen up my makeup. I had printed out a menu and we knew exactly what we wanted to eat and which booth to hit first. Planning is my middle name.
My favorite item of the evening was a lemon curd crepe with blueberry compote. I fell in love with crepes when I was a teenager. In French class, we studied French food and I asked my mom if we could make crepes. So we got a recipe and made them and I was so proud of us. And then when I was 16, we went on a cruise and they had a free crepe bar and you could put any and everything on them and I was in heaven. And then, I went to Paris. Say no more. Crepes at every corner. Heaven. I love you, Paris.
So we took in some art and strolled around in the beautiful weather. After the arts festival, we met some friends at a bar. Liz's mom was in town to watch her run the half marathon on Sunday. We decided to go to a place called Groovy's and hit up the dance floor. And if you know me, you know I cannot resist a dance floor.
8:30 AM came awful early the next morning. I was up and ready to go see the girls play soccer. I spent most of the morning/afternoon with them while Kent played golf. And then I headed back to his house to take a nap. 2.5 hours of a nap, thank you very much. Me, 2 dogs, a Snuggie and the couch. Glorious.
Got up and decided I better shower before the boo boo got back from golf. We were headed to the Thunder/Lakers game that night. Oh yeah.
Thunder beat the Laker 110-89. Take that you cheater, Kobe. The Thunder is so much fun to watch. Game 5 is crucial. Whoever wins Game 5, 83% of the time goes on to win the series.

Sunday morning, Kent made us waffles and bacon. I love bacon so much. The smell is intoxicating. I want some right now. Then Kent headed to El Reno to play golf while I took a nap on his couch and then headed home later that afternoon. Now it's off to face the work week and a doctor's appointment Thursday for my sinus headaches and back to OKC on Friday again. Does I-44 offer frequent driver miles??

No comments:

Post a Comment