Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Melt My Heart

St. Valentine. Some people love this holiday and some people don’t. And I am a firm believer that anyone who says “I don’t celebrate V-day, it’s too commercialized” is only saying that because a) their significant other has pounded that into their brain so they now believe it or b) they don’t have anyone to celebrate with so they are using that as their cover. *Disclaimer- Katie Webb does not apply to the above two criteria*

Look ladies and gents, I am a living, breathing, 20 something female that has feelings. Of course I would like to feel special on this day (and preferably every other day too). I am not saying my man needs to make a huge over-the-top gesture for me, but if he did, I wouldn’t kick him out of bed for eating crackers, you know what I am sayin?!?
Kent and I had plans this past weekend. He was going to the OSU/OU game (Go Pokes!!!!) with his pops and I was going to run my first 10k.

I was so nervous. I had never run that far in my life and I knew I could do it, I just needed to make myself. The race went so well, I finished in just over 1 hr 10 min and I felt awesome! My right hip is sore still but I think I need some new insoles and that might help. So now that I know I can run that far, I am excited for my next 10k!
After the race, I went home and relaxed before getting ready to go see the boy (excuse me, man-my uncle said I can’t call him a boy). I tried on 15631786 different outfits, looking for the perfect “look” for V-day. I didn’t have to make any plans for this night and I was so thrilled that Kent took the initiative and made me feel special by making plans for us. I decided to get Kent some cookies from Merritt’s bakery in Tulsa. He has a crazy sweet tooth and I ordered him a dozen cookies and picked out his favorites.

When I arrived at Kent’s, I was greeted by Red (the dog) and Kent all dressed up in a blue shirt, Levi’s and boots. He looked handsome. After a kiss and I hug, I handed him his cookies and I could literally see his mouth start watering. I ran upstairs to put my bag up and when I came down, Kent was standing in the dining room. That sweet, sweet boy (man) had gotten me flowers.
In all honesty, it almost brought me to tears. If you know my history, you know I have NEVER received flowers from a boy I am dating. Once, I got flowers from my high school best friend’s brother who liked me. And then Kaleb sent me flowers about 6 months after we broke up. Don’t get me wrong, it was a nice gesture, but a little late to say the least.

Kent also got me some cookies but he had already opened them and eaten some. I think my most favorite thing about all of this is that Kent feels comfortable enough with me to know he can’t get me cookies and present me with the half eaten box and I will still love it.

Before dinner, I had to make sure I attempted Kent’s snow-globe-golf-ball-tee thingy. It takes some finesse to get that golf ball on there but I got it and Kent kindly and very gently took it from me and placed it on the table so it wouldn’t fall off.
Then we headed to dinner and had a great time sitting at the bar at Red Rock and then finished off the night watching some Olympics on the couch.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. I completely agree about the V-Day thing. I got flowers this year and it blew my mind. I think you have found yourself a keeper. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you just neglect to tell me that YOU have a blog too? LOL. pretty flowers :-).

    ReplyDelete