Monday, October 1, 2012

Wedding Week!!

So, ummm, the weather forecast has changed. Drastically. Last time I blogged about the weather is was supposed to be 84 and sunny. Leave it to Oklahoma to have a weather change. See the 3 local Tulsa forecasts below:

While the temperature drop is a real bummer, the chance of rain & the cloudy skies are bothering me the most. I really wanted a beautiful; sunny day! Cooler temps while wearing a giant wedding dress may actually be a blessing.

Our guest list is at exactly 150! How in the world did that happen? That is the magic # we used all through planning. I still have about 6 guests on my side that have not RSVP'd but I am assuming they are not coming, and quite frankly, I don't have the energy or patience at this point to follow up with them.

Today is my last day of work so I have the rest of the week to prepare for the "big day". Everyone uses those words about their wedding. I want to use something else. Maybe "shebang" or "fete".

*Side note: Everyone also calls their son "my little man", and I want to use something different when that time comes as well.

I'm sure I will be too busy to blog the rest of the week (and I won't be sitting at a computer anymore) so let me just end with this:

It's my wedding week!!!!
My friend, Harlan, created a hashtag on Twitter: #Heathcock2Gatewood. Use it if you're into hashtags :)

3 comments:

  1. I am personally thrilled about the cooler weather! I think it's going to be a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the words both "shebang" and "fete" and hope regardless of what you choose to call it, it's going to be an incredible day (and I'm sure it will be!). Have an incredible wedding week and I can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay excited for you! You will have an amazing day no matter what the weather (and they say rain on your wedding day means good luck!). Have a great week, and congrats in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete