Saturday, October 13, 2012

Becoming Mrs. Gatewood

I know it has been too long since I posted. I have so much to say and I felt kinda overwhelmed at the thought of posting about my wedding so I just kept putting it off. I figured today, one week after my wedding, would be the perfect time to recap all the wonderful happenings in our life. 

Let's start with last week. On Sunday night, Kyle's parents arrived. I spent the whole day cleaning to prepare for all of our visitors and somehow hurt my lower back. I have always had a sensitive lower back but this time it was really painful. We went to eat dinner and when we got back, I could barely walk without pain. I decided to lay down and watch TV until his parents got here. I couldn't start out my wedding week with a hurt back! 

Monday morning I went to JD Young for my last day of work. My last day at work went by quickly and at the end of the day, I said my goodbyes and headed home to start really enjoying my upcoming wedding. After work, I took all the vases & ribbon to Sam's so Mandy could start working on our centerpieces. When I got home, Carl (Kyle's dad) had a glass of wine ready for me to celebrate my last day of work. 

Tuesday morning I woke up pretty early due to the fact that my brain would not stop processing wedding information . I spent most of the day running errands and marking things of my to do list. I had a very detailed excel spreadsheet with all things wedding related that I lived by for 6 months. I also had signs printed and taped on the walls in the dining room showing where items needed to go (rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, Country Club, etc). 

Wednesday I decided to go for a run and hopefully loosen my back a little. Kyle's Aunt Donna was coming into town early that day and more errands were on the schedule as soon as we picked her up. Mary Lou was decorating the rehearsal dinner with balloons so we drove all over Tulsa trying to find the balloons she wanted. Did you know there is a helium shortage? Wednesday night we had my parents over to the house for a cookout. We wanted to have the family spend some time together without being at some wedding event. Justin, Stacy, Henry and Matt (Justin's best friend) got delayed and didn't get into Tulsa until 10:30 so they missed all the fun. We ate dinner, told stories, and drank lots of wine (or Jack Daniels for Kyle). Late that night, I had the pleasure of reading Henry a book and putting him down to sleep. Such a simple joy in life when a baby falls asleep on you. 

Thursday was crazy busy! We took the whole family to the fair. We literally walked all over that place. I didn't eat anything except a polish sausage (no bun) since I had to fit into a dress in 2 days. 2 DAYS! I couldn't believe it was so close. Jerry at TCC called while we were at the fair asking if I wanted to move the ceremony inside since the weather was supposed to be cold. I said no. If it wasn't going to rain, I wanted it outside. Granted, I wanted it to be 20 degrees warmer but people could just put on a jacket for our short ceremony. Stacy and I went to get our nails done after the fair. That night, Katie got into town and went to dinner with us at In the Raw. It was Justin and Stacy's anniversary dinner and we had a great time sitting outside and eating sushi. Katie loved the Gatewood family! 

Friday morning, the wedding events began. The ladies began the morning with a bridal luncheon at Tivoli Inn in Broken Arrow. It was a lovely calm morning with all my favorite ladies. Until someone hacked my email and I started getting texts and facebook posts about it. Not only did he hack my email, he also deleted EVERYTHING in my inbox. After the luncheon, we went back to my house to load up all my stuff. We packed my car and my mom's car, carefully loaded my dress and set out for the hotel. I had to go by Sam's to pay for the flowers first. Once I got checked into the hotel, I had a little time to rest before the rehearsal. It was freezing and windy outside. We went through the rehearsal very quickly and headed to Dust Bowl for our rehearsal dinner of hot dogs and tator tots and bowling. I may be partial, but it was the best rehearsal dinner I have ever been to. Everyone had so much fun! After we bowled, drank, ate, took pictures, handed out gifts, & said goodnight to our families, we walked over to The Max for a little more fun including arcade games. I said goodnight to my fiance one last time at midnight, and went to the hotel for some sleep. I stayed by myself the night before the wedding and it was perfect. Peaceful and quiet, exactly what I needed. 

Next up, getting married.....

No comments:

Post a Comment