Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day, Bridal Shower, 30 Days!

Labor Day weekend was a whirlwind of fun. We crammed as much into 3 days as we could. Saturday morning Kyle, Carl and Dante played gold. The ladies had coffee and breakfast and then shopped.

Scored this cute shirt in orange and mint green



After shopping, Kyle and I went to Chapel Hills Jewelry and picked out our wedding bands. He picked titanium and we ordered one band to match the band on my engagement ring.

Saturday night was my bridal shower. I wore the cute purple lace dress that I bought at Target. All of the ladies were so sweet and spent so much time making my shower beautiful! One of them even made Texas corn dip "for the Oklahoma girl". We had a great night talking and opening gifts and telling all kinds of stories!

Jenn and I went to meet up with Dante and Kyle after the shower.

Bright flash in a bar. Isn't that how all iPhone pictures are taken?


Sunday we ate omelets for breakfast and then took a nap. We were drained from all the activities and we knew we had even more coming up. Kyle left that afternoon around 3 to go see Dante's parents and then to go pick out his wedding day suit at Nordstrom. Dante is the fashionista of all his friends. Kyle had a buffalo sauce stain on his shirt, which was horrifying to Dante as they walked into Nordstrom!

After Kyle got home, we went out to dinner with the family, followed by more bar hopping with the friends. This time Stacy got to come since we were so close to home!


We stayed out wayyyyy too late but had so much fun. I didn't take one single picture on my camera all weekend. Fail.
Monday morning was rough. A bowl of Cheerios, a shower, packing, opening one more present and then it was time to leave. I hugged and kissed on Henry as much as an active 14 month old will let you.


A huge thank you to Carl and Mary Lou for always taking care of us while we are visiting. And a huge thank you to Stacy for being my right-hand lady at the shower, and all weekend. And most importantly, thank you to Mary Lou's friends for being so kind and throwing me a beautiful shower.

To end, the countdown hit 30 days today.
Next up, bachelorette party recaps after this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment