Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bachelorette!

My wonderful aunt, and cousins hosted my bachelorette party in Dallas this past weekend. They were so sweet to put some personal touches into the decorating! The "Cheers Bitches" banner was my favorite!



No Bach party is complete without something penis shaped and edible
We spent Friday night lounging, eating and drinking at my aunt's house (thank you for hosting and letting us take over your home!). We had a big slumber party with girls filling every room of the house. Emily and I kicked it old school in the spare bedroom and let my aunt's new kitten, Tilly, sleep with us.

We woke up Saturday morning to coffee, breakfast casserole and muffins. After breakfast, we headed to get manis and pedis. I choose a fun silver sparkle color, and ended up paying $45 for it to almost completely chip off by Sunday morning. Boo. It did look good in pictures though. Speaking of pictures, I have a Nikon Coolpix L24 camera that acts shady sometimes. My parents bought it for me for Christmas last year. Sometimes it just won't flash, other times the pictures are really blurry. Any advice?

Saturday night we got all dolled up and went to Victor Tango's for cocktails and tapas. It was a really neat place that Kristin picked for us and we all loved it. The food is family style so you order everything to share. I wasn't sure how much to order so I hope people didn't go hungry. If you are still hungry, I will buy your dinner at the wedding :)

I had a delicious grapefruit cocktail and then something with champagne in it. Give me the bubbly and I am happy.

 


 





We hit up a few bars in the Knox-Henderson area of Dallas. Capital Pub, Beauty Bar and The Slip Inn.


I had the most wonderful time with all my ladies. Once again, it was so nice to have all of my favorite people in one place.

We took a cab back to the hotel and ordered pizza. Perfect ending. Also, I loved the idea of the girls to wear black and me wear white! It worked out perfectly and everyone looked so cute! I scored that adorable dress on Weddingbee for $40! The tag was still on it and it retails for $148. Holla!

P.S.- Look how cute my mom and aunt are doing the "skinny arm" pose! I taught Mary Lou, too so we need to get a pic of them at the wedding showing their "skinny arms"!

Next up:

Final dress fitting on Monday, ceremony planning with minister, last cake appt, and million final payments to the vendors!

2 comments:

  1. Your party looked like so much fun, and I LOVED your dress! I've never planned on wearing white for all my bridal-related events, but you definitely rock it a lot: and what a steal!

    And good luck on all your last-minute to-dos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crude pastries and the sign! How fun - enjoy! It goes so quick and then before you know it, you'll have little ones stomping all over the place. congrats, Heather!

    ReplyDelete