Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Statement Pieces

Over a year ago, I purchased a Vera Wang statement necklace from Kohl's. I got it on sale, big time. I think it cost me about $16 and I got free shipping (you know I love me some free shipping!).

Here is my beloved statement necklace, working its magic:





Every since I bought that necklace, I have been in love with it. It brings some bling bling to a regular outfit. I only have 1 other necklace that I would call "semi-statement" and I wear it often as well.

Here is my "semi-statement" necklace, bringing color into a basic outfit:


While I do wear color often, I also love good neutrals but want to jazz them up a bit. Below are some "statement pieces" that I would love to have in my closet:

Leopard flats: Kohl's $14.97

Leopard sandal: Payless $19.99

Black collar necklace: Christopher and Banks $28.50

Green ring: Mango $11.99

Bamboleo Necklace: Stella and Dot $228.00
Ok, ok that last necklace is way way way over my price limit but it's always nice to have dreams in life.

Gauguin Strands: Bauble Bar $82.00
There are hundreds of other pieces I could include, but I will stop myself here.

Going to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight and I cannot wait. Kyle and I both read the book (I just started the last one in the series) and we loved it. It is 2 hrs and 40 min and I usually fall asleep in movies but I have a feeling this one will keep me wide awake.

Happy Humpday, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment